Directions for Kalkculations
If you are setting up a stirrer for the first time or have had trouble maintaining a consistent result from kalkwasser dosing please follow the directions below:
- Determine your average daily evaporation level and enter it into the calculator. This does not need to be 100% perfect but it should be based on actually measuring for at least a few days to a week.
- Enter the % of that evaporation that you would like to make up with kalkwasser. There are some helpful examples down the page if you need some guidance with this.
- Based on this, you will get a kalkulation for how much kalkwasser should be dosed per day and how much dry kalk should be added to the stirrer to deliver saturated kalkwasser for a period of 30 days.
- Minimum fill amount for K1 is 1 cup and for K2 is 2 cups, if you get a fill kalkulation less than that, use this as your starting amount instead of the kalkulation.
Kalkulating a fixed dose
If you already dose a fixed amount of kalkwasser per day and are happy with the results you can still use the Kalkulator to determine the correct fill level for a 30 day supply by doing the following.
- Set make up % to 100%
- In the daily evaporation field, simply enter the daily dose of kalkwasser
- Based on this, you will get the proper amount of dry kalk to add to the stirrer for a consistent saturation level for a period of 30 days
THIS PAGE STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us for help :-)