So landing on this page means that you have a question about our relationship after you part with your hard earned doubloons. This is something we don't take lightly and want to build your trust and confidence in us like we have for so many! At the bottom of the page you will find all the policies as written by the captive sharks but we want to make things easier to understand for our new and old customers alike.
Q. Are all of your items IN stock?
A: If you can add it to the cart, it is almost certainly in stock!
Q: What does "almost certainly" in stock mean?
A: The occasional inventory error happens. We offer a very deep catalog of replacement parts including parts for long discontinued items, we allow these to be in stock and orderable but sometimes we have to make or special order these items.
Q: Why are your items OUT of stock?
A: We keep a team of skilled craftsmen busy here in our Virginia, USA shop. Sometimes demand simply outpaces what we are capable of producing. We are growing (THANK YOU!!) but due to the handmade nature of our products sometimes we simply cannot keep up. Our supply chains are still impacted by the events of the last few years and the plastics supplies are always volatile due to the commodities markets. We have a stock alert that you can use to sign up to be notified when the items go back in stock.
Q: How soon after I place my order does it ship?
A: We ship fast! Most items ship the same or next day. If for any reason we feel like there will be an unusual delay we will contact you. If you placed an order more than a few days ago and it hasn't shipped out yet or you never received a tracking number, please reach out to us! Mistakes happen, tracking emails get in spam folders, etc. we would rather hear from you when you are excited to get your new gear ASAP and have a question rather than a week from now when you're ready to make us walk the plank!
Q: What if my item arrives damaged?
A: We ship large fragile objects every day. Our packaging and packing is designed for handling by notoriously rough US carriers rather than display shelves, but sometimes accidents happen. We just ask that the issue be reported within 30 days of receiving the package and a few pictures of the damage. We will replace the item(s) at no cost to you, you may be required to ship back a damaged item with a prepaid label.
Q: What is your return policy?
A: Sometimes the item you ordered does not work out. Simply send it back within 30 days of delivery and we will issue a refund, less original shipping cost when it is returned. We do not pay return shipping unless the reason for the return was caused by an error on our end.
Q: What is your warranty?
A: We offer a 1 year warranty against defects for every item we sell. If something goes wrong after the 1 year period we offer free tech support and 50% discounted repair parts through the end of 2 years. After 2 years, we offer free tech support. We design our products with an emphasis on ease of repair and long service life, we have MANY customers with 12+ year old Swabbies, Kalk Stirrers, and reactors that are still going strong.
Q: Do you offer customization of your products?
A: Sometimes! This is usually limited to things like a Skimmate Locker that is 2" shorter or a K1 that is 4" taller. Requests for items that are not in our catalog or that require major revisions to produce are not possible but if it can be done with one of our kits and some DIY spirit we will point you in the right direction. It never hurts to ask!
Q: Do you ship internationally?
A: We have a whole separate page dedicated to this answer here.
Q: Can you recap this with a lot more words?
A: Sure, here is the fine print...
AVAST Marine Works products are warranted for a period of one year from the date of purchase against defects in materials and workmanship. AVAST will provide necessary parts and factory labor to repair or replace any failed component without cost to the Buyer.
Warranty shall be void if any alteration or service is performed without written authorization from AVAST Marine Works or if the equipment has been connected to incorrect power. Buyer will be responsible for requesting warranty service through the AVAST Marine RMA process which requires buyers to return the defective unit for repair. The Buyer is liable for properly packaging the equipment and shipping cost for the initial return for repair. Return shipping cost for US domestic packages is covered by AVAST if within the warranty period.
Equipment damaged due to accident, neglect, abuse, misuse, natural or man-made disasters is not covered by this warranty, and the Buyer will be contacted with cost and approval for repair.
In no event will AVAST Marine Works be liable for any lost livestock, profits or any special, indirect or consequential damages due to loss of use.
The laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia will govern this warranty plan.
AVAST Marine Works
12953 Back Rd
Strasburg, VA 22657
If any part of your order doesn't work out the way you hoped, returns are easy. Just send it back to the address on the shipping label, and let us know via email or our contact form that you are returning all or part of an order, shipping fees are non refundable and in the event that a returned order was originally shipped with a free shipping option, actual shipping charges will be withheld from the refund. Returns are allowed for any reason, all we ask is you send it within 30 days of purchase and that the equipment be returned in reasonably clean, and in it's original condition. e.g., please don't send us a skimmate locker filled with reef poo. We do not charge a restocking fee for unused returned items, and will refund full purchase price minus the original shipping charge. Items that have been used are subject to up to a 35% restocking fee depending on condition.
AVAST Marine Works On-Line Privacy Statement
We are committed to protecting your privacy at AVAST Marine Works. We will not collect any personal information from you that you do not volunteer, and we are the sole owner of all information collected on this site. We do not sell, share, or rent this information to others in any way that we have not mentioned in this statement.
AVAST Marine Works collects information only in instances where we feel it will be of assistance in providing individuals with quality service. AVAST Marine Works routinely collects information used to create summary statistics in determining ways to improve on-line services. Information collected is vital to identifying system performance and/or problematic areas that need correction.
Information collected through e-mails and web forms
When personally identifying information is submitted, such as e-mail correspondence containing a question or comment, we use the supplied information to fulfill or respond to request(s). This information is also stored for reference when making improvements and/or adjustments to our web site and on-line services. It should be noted that e-mail is a form of communication that is not entirely within a secure environment. Many of our web forms are completed in a secure environment and are generally more secure than typical e-mail delivery.
Use of Information
AVAST Marine Works will not provide, sell or share your personal information to any nonaffiliated third party for independent use. We share information only in one of the following circumstances: a) you authorize it; b) you have requested a transaction requiring it; c) or we are required or permitted by law to disclose such information.
We use reasonable precautions to keep the personal information you disclose both in your browsing and your purchases and to only release this information to third parties we believe share our commitment to privacy. However, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for the actions of these parties.
This web site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that AVAST Marine Works is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage you to be aware of when you exit our site and to become familiar with the privacy policies of each web site that collects personally identifiable information.
Obtaining Your Consent
AVAST Marine Works
12953 Back Rd
Strasburg, VA 22657
Terms and Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEB SITE. YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE CONFIRMS YOUR UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT USE THIS WEB SITE.
1. Products, Content and Specifications. All features, content, specifications, products and prices of products and services described or depicted on this Web Site are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures and similar descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. We make all reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of our products, including the applicable colors; however, the actual color you see will depend on your computer system and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colors. The inclusion of any products or services in this Web Site at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the possession, use and sale of any item purchased from this Web Site. By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner. Any and all videocassettes, DVDs and similar products sold are for private, home use (where no admission fee is charged), non-public performance and may not be duplicated.
2. Shipping Limitations. When an order is placed, it will be shipped to an address designated by the purchaser as long as that shipping address is compliant with the shipping restrictions contained on this Web Site. All purchases from this Web Site are made pursuant to a shipment contract. As a result, risk of loss and title for items purchased from this Web Site pass to you upon delivery of the items to the carrier. We will file file any claims with UPS for damaged and/or lost shipments on your behalf.
3. Accuracy of Information. AVAST Marine Works attempts to ensure that information on this Web Site is complete, accurate and current. Despite our efforts, the information on this Web Site may occasionally be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. We make no representation as to the completeness, accuracy or currentness of any information on this Web Site. For example, products included on the Web Site may be unavailable, may have different attributes than those listed, or may actually carry a different price than that stated on the Web Site. In addition, we may make changes in information about price and availability without notice. While it is our practice to confirm orders by email, the receipt of an email order confirmation does not constitute our acceptance of an order or our confirmation of an offer to sell a product or service. We reserve the right, without prior notice, to limit the order quantity on any product or service and/or to refuse service to any customer. We also may require verification of information prior to the acceptance and/or shipment of any order.
4. Use of this Web Site. The Web Site design and all text, graphics, information, content, and other material displayed on or that can be downloaded from this Web Site are either the property of, or used with permission by, AVAST Marine Works and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws and may not be used except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions or with the prior written permission of the owner of such material. You may not modify the information or materials located on this Web Site in any way or reproduce or publicly display, perform, or distribute or otherwise use any such materials for any public or commercial purpose. Any unauthorized use of any such information or materials may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, laws of privacy and publicity, and other laws and regulations. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account information and password and for restricting access to such information and to your computer. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
5. Trademarks. Trademarks, trade names, service marks and logos used or displayed on this Web Site are registered and unregistered trademarks, trade names and service marks of AVAST Marine Works and its affiliates. Nothing contained on this Web Site grants or should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademarks, trade names, service marks or logos displayed on this Web Site without the written permission of AVAST Marine Works or such third party owner.
6. Linking to this Web Site. Creating or maintaining any link from another Web site to any page on this Web Site without AVAST Marine Works' prior written permission is prohibited. Running or displaying this Web Site or any material displayed on this Web Site in frames or through similar means on another Web site without AVAST Marine Works' prior written permission is prohibited. Any permitted links to this Web Site must comply will all applicable laws, rules and regulations and with the terms of the permission granted by AVAST Marine Works.
7. Third Party Links. From time to time, this Web Site may contain links to Web sites that are not owned, operated or controlled by AVAST Marine Works, or its affiliates. All such links are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave this Web Site. Neither AVAST Marine Works nor any of its affiliates are responsible for any content, materials or other information located on or accessible from any other Web site. Neither AVAST Marine Works nor any of its affiliates endorse, guarantee, or make any representations or warranties regarding any other Web site, or any content, materials or other information located or accessible from such Web sites, or the results that you may obtain from using such Web sites. If you decide to access any other Web site linked to or from this Web Site, you do so entirely at your own risk.
8. Inappropriate Material. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, defamatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. In addition to any remedies that AVAST Marine Works may have at law or in equity, if AVAST Marine Works reasonably determines that you have violated or are likely to violate the foregoing prohibitions, AVAST Marine Works may take any action they reasonably deem necessary to cure or prevent the violation, including without limitation, the immediate removal from this Web Site of the related materials. AVAST Marine Works will fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order or subpoena requesting or directing AVAST Marine Works to disclose the identity of anyone posting such materials.
10. DISCLAIMERS. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR RISK. THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEB SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. NEITHER AVAST Marine Works NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE MATERIALS OR SERVICES ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. THE MATERIALS AND SERVICES ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE MAY BE OUT OF DATE, AND NEITHER AVAST MARINE WORKS NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES MAKE ANY COMMITMENT OR ASSUMES ANY DUTY TO UPDATE SUCH MATERIALS OR SERVICES. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS. ALL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE ARE SUBJECT ONLY TO ANY APPLICABLE WARRANTIES OF THEIR RESPECTIVE MANUFACTURES, DISTRIBUTORS AND SUPPLIERS, IF ANY. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, AVAST MARINE WORKS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES LISTED OR PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, AVAST MARINE WORKS HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT DEFECT OR FAILURE, CLAIMS THAT ARE DUE TO NORMAL WEAR, PRODUCT MISUSE, ABUSE, PRODUCT MODIFICATION, IMPROPER PRODUCT SELECTION, NON-COMPLIANCE WITH ANY CODES, OR MISAPPROPRIATION. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES TO THOSE DEFINED AS "CONSUMERS" IN THE MAGNUSON-MOSS WARRANTY-FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION IMPROVEMENTS ACT. THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY. AVAST Marine Works does not assume any responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to, or viruses that may infect, your computer, telecommunication equipment, or other property caused by or arising from your access to, use of, or browsing this Web Site or your downloading of any materials, from this Web Site. IN NO EVENT WILL AVAST MARINE WORKS, THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, SHAREHOLDERS, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, RETAIL PARTNERS NOR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR TRANSMISSION OF THIS WEB SITE BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE RESULTING FROM LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THIS WEB SITE, ANY WEB SITES LINKED TO THIS WEB SITE, OR THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION OR SERVICES CONTAINED AT ANY OR ALL SUCH SITES, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY DO NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LAW. PLEASE REFER TO YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY SUCH PROHIBITIONS. IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THIS WEB SITE OR ANY CONTENT, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY IS TO CEASE USING THIS WEB SITE. IN THE EVENT OF ANY PROBLEM WITH THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES THAT YOU HAVE PURCHASED ON OR THROUGH THIS WEB SITE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR SOLE REMEDY, IF ANY, IS FROM THE MANUFACTURER OF SUCH PRODUCTS OR SUPPLIER OF SUCH SERVICES, IN ACCORDANCE WITH SUCH MANUFACTURER'S OR SUPPLIER'S WARRANTY, OR TO SEEK A RETURN AND REFUND FOR SUCH PRODUCT OR SERVICES IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RETURNS AND REFUNDS POLICIES POSTED ON THIS WEB SITE.
12. Taxes. Avast Marine Works collects sales tax for the state of Virginia. Your locality may require you to report items purchased through our website to pay your local taxes. It shall remain the sole responsibility of the purchaser to pay any and all local taxes and fees including but not limited to sales tax, tariffs, duty, customs fees, VAT or similar. A Commercial invoice will be included with every shipment that can be used for this computation.
13. Revisions to these Terms and Conditions. AVAST Marine Works may revise these Terms and Conditions at any time and from time to time by updating this posting. You should visit this page from time to time to review the then current Terms and Conditions because they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms and Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms located on particular pages at this Web Site.
14. Choice of Law; Jurisdiction. These Terms and Conditions supersede any other agreement between you and AVAST Marine Works to the extent necessary to resolve any inconsistency or ambiguity between them. This Web Site is administered by AVAST Marine Works from its offices in Alexandria, Virginia. These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Virginia, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. Any action seeking legal or equitable relief arising out of or relating to this Web Site shall be brought only in the courts of Alexandria, Virginia or the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. A printed version of these Terms and Conditions shall be admissible in judicial and administrative proceedings based upon or relating to these Terms and Conditions to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
15. Termination. You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this Web Site at any time, for any reason or for no reason. You are personally liable for any orders that you place or charges that you incur prior to termination. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this Web Site at any time without notice.